Saturday, April 6, 2013

birthday #24

i turned 24 on march 28th! luke always calls me and old lady because i am 5 months older than he is. he thinks he is so funny. but he has always called me that every birthday since we were like 16 or 17 years old. tradition right? i think i am done aging though. i just want to stay in my early 20s for the rest of my life. but at the same time i look forward to growing old with luke. i love him soooo much.

we didn't do much for my birthday this year, it was super low key. on my actual birthday luke was studying for a mid-term ALL day, i was at work, then had class afterwards. at work my boss bought me a cake from corner bakery! yummmmm. i also had a lot of really nice texts, calls and facebook messages from people! then when i got home, my visiting teachers had dropped off some cup cakes! and i walked in to find these things waiting for me...

                                                                                my very own orchids! i've always wanted some of these:)
aren't they beautiful!


some gourmet chocolate. my husband knows me too well.
i love creamy milk chocolate!

luke was able to sneak out during his studying to get me a few things:) what a sweetie. when luke was done with his midterm we went over to my parents house for some late dinner and some cheesecake! i love cheesecake. then on friday (the day after my birthday) luke and i went and got some thai food, another favorite of mine, and then we went and saw the movie "the host" in theaters. i had read the book like 5 years ago when it came out and it was actually a really good movie! so i had a great birthday! thanks everyone that made me feel special on my day, i really appreciated it!

No comments:

Post a Comment