we went on a hike with some friends a couple weeks ago in Hauula. this hike turned out to be very beautiful, but also much longer than we thought. but we had a lot of fun!
Thursday, October 16, 2014
16 lbs 10 oz (5%)
- simon is gaining some weight but has not really grown in height...possibly has my genes...we are late bloomers in the height department.
- has 3 teeth, with another on the way it looks like
- simon is very wiggly. bath time is becoming very difficult because he is constantly trying to stand up, flip over, sit up, or is reaching for something! crazy kid! but he still loves the water
- simon has taken an interest in the electrical outlets...he sees me plugging and unplugging fans constantly and will try and crawl over to them to do the same thing. YIKES. we put in the little outlet protectors.
- his favorite thing is the fan in his room. i don't get it. he always crawls over to it and uses it to stand up. always. he often falls doing that too.
- says "dadadadada," "mamamama," and "wawawawa"
- loves other little kids (always tries to grab their faces), but is usually hesitant with adults.
- makes lots of funny faces.
- loves opening and closing doors.
- obsessed with our sandals. if we accidentally leave them out, he charges for them! this is bad because we smash cockroaches with out sandals, so we have to put them in a special place so simon can't get to them.
- he likes to kiss the mirror when he sees himself. at least that is what we think he is doing, open mouth slobbery kisses.
- and still dances with his trademark head shake. haha. its so funny!
- spit ups are finally very rare! yay! they have been dying down for a couple months now, but he used to spit up all the time. he still drools though.
- simon has learned how to flip over in the stroller and stand up while we are moving. he is just practicing his balancing skills right??
- he is really good at pulling himself up and can stand on his own for a couple seconds...and walks while holding on to things.
- and has decided he no longer likes nursing, but prefers a bottle:( (this happened about a week after he turned 9 months old, so i haven't nursed for about 3 days now)
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
this boy melts my heart. i love him so much! Simon is now 8 months. every month gets more fun and entertaining with him, i don't think i have a favorite age yet because i like them all....except newborn, but only because simon was colicky.
- he CRAWLS. about a week before he turned 8 months (august 29th maybe?) he started full on crawling. he had been taking one or two crawling steps for a while, but then would always go straight to his belly and continue scooting. my mom and sister were here to witness it too:)
- he knows when dad comes home and gets really excited. wants luke to hold him and smiles at him.
- squeals whenever he gets excited! especially over me eating something because he thinks he is going to get a taste.
- still loves going on walks.
- has 2 teeth and is beginning to learn to chew food. we have been giving him those little puff snacks that melt in your mouth, and he is finally starting to mush it in his mouth rather than trying to swallow it whole.
- still loves seeing himself in the mirror or the phone/computer.
- he dances by shaking his head back and forth like he is saying "NO" ....he also just shakes his head "no" randomly, he doesn't know what it means though.
- crawls over to me, and puts his head into me and rubs it back and forth. he usually wants me to hug and squeeze him too.
- he got sick for the first time :( . he got a cold, just stuffy nose and a cough...but he couldn't sleep very well the first night with his plugged up nose, so we were awake about every 15 minutes with him! he had a fever once from his vaccinations, but this was the first time he was actually sick.
- he met his aunt sarah! the first of my siblings to meet him. and he thought she was very silly and laughed at her a lot.
- simon can also pull himself up on things sometimes. he tries all the time though.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
i am writing this the day before simon turns 8 months...so i am a little behind! but here is what simon was up to at 7 months...
- simon can sit up all by himself!
- he scoots around, usually only uses his left leg to push.
- has TWO bottom teeth! the first one, we didn't even notice coming in, but the second one seemed to bother him a little more.
- i think his favorite food might be bananas. he does not like green veggies, but i sneak them into the fruit.
- he reaches for Luke and I now, like if i am holding him, he will turn around in my arms and reach for his daddy.
- still likes it when you sing to him. and he often reaches up and touches my face/mouth while I'm singing him to sleep.
- loves bath time and the water in general! when we take him to the beach he gets really excited when i get close to the water. he starts kicking his legs and sometimes makes little noises until i let him dip his toes in.
- still wants to hold everything! he will grab anything close to him. he is quick too! so you really have to watch your food if he is sitting on your lap at the table.
- he still loves going for walks, which is great for me. we usually go on several a day.
- is finally nursing for less time!! like 20-30 minutes now usually. he still will have a long one every once in a while though.