Sunday, July 7, 2013

1st trimester.

I feel like i was pretty lucky with my first trimester. it's hard to keep it a secret because you just feel so excited. but these are some things that happened to me during the first trimester.

-I never once threw up. whew!
-i did however get nauseous everyday, but it was only really bad a couple times. the worst time was right after our first doctors appointment (almost 6 weeks along), when we got home that day i felt really tired and ended up falling asleep on the floor. i later woke up and got into bed. When i really did wake up i felt like the whole room was spinning around me and i felt all dizzy. I had to move very slowly so that my head wouldn't spin. i basically sat in bed that day with my head between my knees. that seemed to help a little.
-my sense of smell was never heightened, except once. we went to dinner at my parent's house my mom made some pasta, and i could not stand the smell of the sauce that went on the pasta. i had to sit outside until the house had aired out. that was the one and only time, otherwise my nose stayed the same.
-i was exhausted everyday after work. i would come home and immediately put on my pjs and get into bed and it was only about 6pm. most pregnant women sleep, but i couldn't sleep, my body just wanted to rest. i felt very unproductive and usually didn't have a lot of desire to do anything. i don't know how some women exercise during the first trimester.
-i pretty much always felt bloated. i did not know that was something that happened during pregnancy, but apparently bloating and gas is very common during the beginning. so even though there is no baby bump, there is an air bump.
- food lost it's flavor for a few weeks. if i was hungry it was so hard to decide what to eat because nothing sounded good. it didn't make me really queasy, but it didn't always sit well with my stomach either.

Something i did not know is how they calculate how far along you are. you do not count how long the baby has actually been inside you, but you count from your last period. so even though at this moment i am considered to be 15 weeks along, the baby has only been inside me for 13 weeks.

we went to our second doctors appointment when i was 8 weeks 5 days. this time there was actually a baby inside! he looks like a little bean. you can kinda see the little arms and legs. what was so cool about this appointment was that we could hear the baby's heartbeat. It sounded like galloping horses and was a pretty fast beat, but i guess that's normal for little babies. also we got to watch our little bean wiggle around. that was so cool to see!
it's hard during the first trimester because you have no belly and you just don't feel very well, but when we get to see this little guy on the ultrasound it's just reassuring, there is actually something inside me!


No comments:

Post a Comment